The Houston Texans are moving up in the NFL draft and getting the players they want. The aggressive approach is welcome for fans who want to see the team take that next step in the AFC South.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
After staying put at the 16th selection in the first round, the team has now moved up twice, which makes sense to do considering the team started the draft with ten selections.
I personally have been high on the Arizona State receiver and at one point had him pegged as the team’s top selection in round one. Medical questions, mainly a wrist injury, dropped Strong on many boards and Houston benefited from this.
On ESPN Mel Kiper, Jr. and Todd McShay both said what a steal this pick could be as he had a late first to early second round grade on him according to the draft experts.
The Texans remaining picks are as follows (* indicates compensatory picks which cannot be traded);
No fourth rounder due to the trade with Cleveland to move up in round two
Round 5: 174th overall*
Round 6: 211th overall*
Round 6: 216th overall*
Round 7: 235th overall