Aug 9, 2014; Glendale, AZ, USA; Detailed view of a Houston Texans helmet sits on the bench against the Arizona Cardinals during a preseason game at University of Phoenix Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
The Houston Texans have a need at the receiver position after moving on from veteran Andre Johnson. With the emergence of DeAndre Hopkins and the arrival of Cecil Shorts III and Nate Washington via free agency, a first round pick on a wide out is not an absolute must.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Instead, the team can wait it out and pick the best player available in round one, regardless of position. In all likelihood, the top guys (Kevin White, Amari Cooper, DeVante Parker) will all be gone by the time Houston is on the clock, which means the best player approach will net something other than a pass catcher.
If this proves to be the case, here are five receiving options that should be available after the first couple of rounds for the Houston Texans to look at in the 2015 NFL Draft.
Next: A Guy Who Plays Bigger Than His Size