Five Under The Radar Free Agents The Houston Texans Should Target: Defense
Sep 21, 2014; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; The Houston Texans huddle before the game against the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Robert Deutsch-USA TODAY Sports
Most of the free agency attention this offseason being paid to potential big name free agents like the Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, the Cowboys DeMarco Murray and the Broncos Julius Thomas. While these guys will all demand some huge contracts, something the Houston Texans most likely cannot even offer, there will be some smarter, more cost efficient guys available when the free agency period opens March 10 at 4 pm EST.
More from Houston Texans Free Agency
- Houston Texans: What fans have to look forward to in 2023
- Houston Texans: Should they bench Davis Mills and Insert Kyle Allen as QB1?
- This Season is a New Low, Even for Lovie Smith and the Houston Texans
- The Houston Texans are Feeling the Effects of not having a Defensive Coordinator
- Houston Texans continue reshaping roster with Amari Rodgers signing
The Houston Texans can actually use an upgrade at several positions this offseason. The safety and cornerback spots can both use some work, especially if corner Kareem Jackson does end up leaving. Offensively the team needs to solidify the quarterback situation and find some playmakers to put some points on the board.
Let’s take a look at how five different players can come in and make an impact for head coach Bill O’Brien and company on the defensive side of the ball.
Next: A Run Stuffing Nose Tackle