Jan 1, 2015; New Orleans, LA, USA; Ohio State Buckeyes running back Jalin Marshall (17) runs the ball while defended by Alabama Crimson Tide defensive back Landon Collins (26) during the first quarter of the 2015 Sugar Bowl at Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Mandatory Credit: Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports
#5. Landon Collins, Safety
Size: 6-0, 222 lbs
2014 Stats: 87 tackles, 3 interceptions, 1 forced fumble
My Analysis: Collins is known as a physical player, but he could be a stretch to be available for the Texans that early in the draft.
Collins could be a player that is able to help the secondary be more successful next season.
He’s quick, and a good tackler.
These are the top five options that the Texans have, in my opinion. The team could certainly go outside of these choices and still find players who will be successful in the system.
Some of these needs can be filled through free agency as well, but that always comes with a cost. But I believe the addition of one of these five talented individuals could help the Texans get into the playoffs in 2015.
But what are your thoughts? Who are your top five picks for the Texans? Tell us in the comment section below!
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith