Houston Texans Roundup: Early look at the NY Giants
Sep 14, 2014; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; New York Giants wide receiver Rueben Randle (82) celebrates with wide receiver Victor Cruz (80) after scoring a touchdown against the Arizona Cardinals in the second quarter during the game at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Robert Deutsch-USA TODAY Sports
The Week 3 opponent for the undefeated Houston Texans will be the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium with a 1 p.m. ET start.
Houston has already defeated the Washington Redskins and the Oakland Raiders this season, and the Giants, well … they have yet to win a game this season.
Speaking of the Giants, our friends at FanSided’s GMenHQ wrote about the Giants losing cornerback Walter Thurmond for the season.
In their article it says:
"“Walter Thurmond III suffered a torn pectoral muscle in yesterday’s game against the Arizona Cardinals. Thurmond’s injury will unfortunately require surgery, which will sideline the young corner for the remainder of the 2014 season.”"
I hate to see any season-ending injuries, but this could be taken advantage of by the Texans with wide receivers like Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins already starting out with very good seasons.
The Giants are allowing 341.5 yards per game, while the Texans are averaging 324 yards per game on offense.
This game should be interesting for both teams, and later this week we’ll take a closer look at some of the matchups.
What are your thoughts about this game on this Tuesday, five days away from kickoff?
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
In other Texans news:
• Graham Rogers of TT wrote about if the Texans are “this good?”
• House of Houston names their weekly award winner from the Week 2 win over the Raiders.
• ESPN wrote about how the Texans could spread out the carries for the running backs.
• The Ultimate Texans blog writes about how the Texans can’t overlook the “struggling Giants.”
• J.J. Watt has been “Simpsonsized” writes CSN Houston.
• Here are Week 3 NFL Power Rankings from NFL Mocks.