May 8, 2014; New York, NY, USA; A general view of a helmet and NFL shield logo before the start of the 2014 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall. Mandatory Credit: Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports
If we are being honest here, I’m already 0-1 in picking games for the 2014 NFL season, as I thought the Green Bay Packers would defeat the Seattle Seahawks in the season opener.
Sep 4, 2014; Seattle, WA, USA; Seattle Seahawks fullback Derrick Coleman (40) beats Green Bay Packers cornerback Tramon Williams (38) to the end zone for a 15-yard touchdown reception during the fourth quarter at CenturyLink Field. Mandatory Credit: Joe Nicholson-USA TODAY Sports
I was completely wrong, so with that said here are the rest of my Week 1 picks for Sunday and Monday.
Some of these games seem like “easy” or “lock” picks, but this is the NFL, and we all know when picking a winner straight up … that is tough, because there are upsets every single week, no matter the record of the teams.
Week 1 is always the toughest (at least to me) because everyone has a clean slate, so we really don’t know what we are going to get a team since they’ve had six months off.
Enjoy the day everyone, and here are my Week 1 NFL picks. Follow the Toro Times on Twitter @Texans_TT.
• New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons — Falcons
• Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens — Ravens
• Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears — Bears
• Washington Redskins at Houston Texans — Texans
• Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs — Chiefs
• New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins — Patriots
• Oakland Raiders at New York Jets — Raiders
• Jacksonville Jaguars at Philadelphia Eagles — Eagles
• Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers — Steelers
• Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams — Rams
• San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys — 49ers
• Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Buccaneers
• Indianapolis Colts at Denver Broncos — Colts
• New York Giants at Detroit Lions — Lions
• San Diego Chargers at Arizona Cardinals — Cardinals