Texans vs. Redskins: TV info, NFL announcing crews
Aug 28, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans cheerleaders perform before a game against the San Francisco 49ers at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
The Houston Texans will host the Washington Redskins on Sunday for the first week of the 2014 NFL season, so besides the normal x’s-and-o’s there is one question that remains … who is announcing the game, plus all the other games on Sunday?
For the Texans vs. Redskins game, they will kickoff at 1 p.m. ET (noon CT) on FOX with Thom Brennaman and David Diehl announcing the game, as listed on 506sports.com.
FOX will air four early games (1 p.m. ET) and two late games (4:25 p.m. ET) in various coverage areas. Here are the other early games they will have, with the announcing teams calling those games:
• New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons: Kevin Burkhardt, John Lynch
• Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams: Dick Stockton, Kirk Morrison
• Buffalo Bills at Chicago Bears: Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston, Tony Siragusa
Here are the FOX late games (4:25 p.m. ET) with announce crews:
• Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Chris Myers, Ronde Barber
• San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman
Now for CBS, they will only be airing early games (1 p.m. ET) due to their US Open Tennis coverage. Here are their 1 p.m. ET games and announce crews:
• Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers: Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts
• Oakland Raiders at New York Jets: Jim Nantz, Phil Simms
• New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins: Greg Gumbel, Trent Green
• Jacksonville at Philadelphia: Andrew Catalon, Steve Tasker, Steve Beuerlein
• Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs: Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon
• Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens: Spero Dedes, Solomon Wilcots
The Sunday Night game will be on NBC with Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth calling the action. The Sunday night game is the Indianapolis Colts at the Denver Broncos.