Sep 7, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans linebacker Jadeveon Clowney (90) during the first quarter against the Washington Redskins at NRG Stadium. The Texans defeated the Redskins 17-6. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
The Texans continued their drive up the field and were on the Washington 11, looking to break the game open when Arian Foster, who had been looking good up to this point coughed the ball up to Washington. This was the one bad play for Foster, who on his first action returning from back surgery managed 103 yards on 27 carries. We can safely say Foster was pretty consistent this game. Washington was unable to get back to red zone and turned the ball over on downs with a minute twenty three to go. Houston ran the clock out and the Bill O’Brien era starts with a win.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
The really bad news came after the game as word from Houston is Jadeveon Clowney tore a ligament in his knee, possibly the meniscus. We’ll know more later in the week but unless the doctors are mistaken the 2014 season will go on sans Clowney.
Keep your browsers here to the Torotimes for all your Texans news and insight!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook or Twitter!