Aug 16, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans linebacker Jadeveon Clowney (90) rushes the quarterback against Atlanta Falcons tight end Levine Toilolo (80) during the first quarter at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
Three days before the start of the regular season for the Houston Texans vs. the Washington Redskins, it is the Texans who are the favorites.
But, to be honest, I have the Texans winning the game, 17-14 on Sunday in Houston. I say that because I just feel this team really needs a win after losing 14 straight games to end the ’13 season.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
If both Watt and Clowney don’t have either a sack or tackle for loss I’ll be surprised. For the Texans to win this game, the No. 1 thing they must do is cause havoc for Robert Griffin III, and don’t allow the Redskins to get a running game going with Alfred Morris. If that happens, the Texans will have a victory for the first time in nearly year.
What are your thoughts on the odds given to the Texans by the bookmakers three days before the game?
Let us know, and give us your predictions for the game on Sunday.
Follow the Toro Times on Twitter @Texans_TT.