Aug 28, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans cheerleaders perform during the game against the San Francisco 49ers at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports
Have you realized we are just three days away from the return of Houston Texans football?
The ’13 session is now just a memory, and now we’ll have something to look forward to each week with this new group of players for the ’14 season.
This season … who knows what will happen, but I do believe the defense will be fine (or at least improved), but I think however much success this team will have (in terms of wins and losses) will come down to what the offense is able to do in ’14.
Consistency and keeping the mistakes to a minimum isn’t just a bullet point for the Texans, it is a MUST for them offensively, especially at QB if they have any thoughts of being a team that is in contention for a successful year.
It is going to be an interesting season, don’t get me wrong. Anytime there is a new quarterback, a new head coach and a No. 1 overall draft pick all in the mix (and that is just three new things for this club), and add that with a former defensive player of the year … that will either be a mix for success, or it could be yet another mix of disaster.
If one thing will probably be true about the ’14 Texans this season it is probably be the fact they won’t be boring … and that is a step in the right direction for a franchise that won just two games one season ago.
Thoughts on the ’14 Texans?
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
In other Texans news:
• Here is a roundtable by FanSided’s House of Houston on the Texans before the season begins on Sunday.
• Here is what ESPN.com wrote on Mallett and his time since joining the Texans.
• Here are Week 1 Fantasy Football Predictions from the Toro Times.