Aug 9, 2014; Glendale, AZ, USA; Houston Texans safety Jawanza Starling (29) against the Arizona Cardinals during a preseason game at University of Phoenix Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
The Houston Chronicle’s Ultimate Texans Blog is reporting that the Houston Texans are “reducing their roster.”
Houston has until 3 p.m. on Saturday to finalize their roster to 53 players.
None of these are mind blowing moves, but I’m guessing some of these players eventually end up on the Texans practice squad if they clear waivers before they can be placed on the practice squad.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Last season, Starling with the Texans totaled just one tackle. In the preseason finale the safety finished with three combined tackles in the 40-13 loss by the Texans to the San Francisco 49ers.
Starling played in just two games last season.
As for the Texans during the preseason they finished 2-2, with their best two performances in weeks two and three of the preseason. They are coming off a season where they were an NFL-worst 2-14 overall.
There will be more cuts made before the deadline on Saturday.