Houston Texans cut 3 players Tuesday; down to 75 players
The Ultimate Texans site by the Houston Chronicle reported the Texans have cut the following players on Tuesday:
• Anthony McClung (wide receiver)
• Paul Hazel (outside linebacker)
• Conor Boffeli (offensive line)
None of these three cuts are a huge surprise, but the final cuts are to happen later this week on Saturday where all NFL teams must be down to 53 players by 5 p.m.
The final preseason game for players on the bubble will be this Thursday when the Texans host the San Francisco 49ers.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Houston has already went through a lot of change since finishing 2-14 one season ago with a new head coach in Bill O’Brien, a new starting quarterback in Ryan Fitzpatrick and drafting outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney No. 1 overall this past May in the 2014 NFL Draft.
These final cuts will be interesting because it will most likely shape how the special team units will look, and they really need some improvement from last season. Also in terms of the cuts, do you think any of the three reserve running backs will be released by Saturday?
The depth of the running backs worries me as I besides Alfred Blue, if I were the Texans I might be looing at players are are being released by others who can play the running back spot.
With the cut soon down to 53, what bubble players do you think will make the Texans in ’14?