Aug 9, 2014; Glendale, AZ, USA; Houston Texans linebacker Jadeveon Clowney (90) tackles Arizona Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor (30) in the first quarter during a preseason game at University of Phoenix Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
A down and dirty, all encompassing predictions of all things Texans as they play host to the Atlanta Falcons this night. The Texans are reeling from a disastrous game in Arizona last week and hope to prove to the home crowd that they are able to adapt and overcome adversity. Or at least not stink it up at home. On with the five!
1. Ryan Fitzmagic will be on display for all to see. Fitzpatrick is no fool, he realizes last week was bad and if he doesn’t step it up tonight well lets just say the natives will be quiet restless. 17-21 passing with 120 yards+ and a touchdown. Hey, this is as bold as it get folks!
2. Once again, Watt and Clowney will show us why those two are going to give offenses fits moving into the regular season. Last week Watt beat Clowney to Rivers by a step or so. Look for Clowney to be the one with sack of Matt Ryan while J.J. Hovers a few feet away.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
- Houston Texans: Dameon Pierce’s rookie year a bright spot in a season of losses
3. DJ Swearinger lays some more mad pain down in the form of a big hit on defense and special teams. Last week he made a couple big hits. This week, he’ll have some big hits.
4. Alfred Blue will make the running back competition that much more intense by putting on a show. The young man from LSU is going to open some eyes tonight and make a strong case for being the back up to Foster proper.
5. Special Teams will get a chance to kick not 1, but 3 extra points as well as a couple of late game field goals. Last week the punter’s were busy, this week the kickers will be busy. They need the practice ya know!
There ya go folks, that’s as bold as they come round here. So get the bbq pits warmed and the drinks cold for tonight we get some Texans goodness straight from NRG. Just something nice about games at home.
Keep your browsers here to the Torotimes for all your Texans news and insight!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook or Twitter!