Jul 26, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson (80) catches a pass during training camp at Houston Methodist Training Center. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
Two of the best players on the Houston Texans player will not be on the field for the first dress rehearsal of the 2014 preseason with Andre Johnson and Arian Foster being ruled out on Saturday night.
In an article on houstontexans.com, Drew Daugherty wrote:
"“When head coach Bill O’Brien was asked whether the running back and wide receiver, who have each missed practice for the bulk of the last week, will play against the Cardinals, he answered with ‘no.'”"
This isn’t that big of a deal as both are veterans of the NFL, so there is no need for these two to even play in more than one preseason game … if that.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Johnson and Foster will be just fine missing this game, and though they didn’t practice on Thursday either, I’d rather have they 100-percent healthy and a little rusty of on-field game time, rather than injured and missing the first week of the regular season.
Remember Foster missed all of the preseason last year.
What are your thoughts on veterans playing in the preseason? Do the Texans need Foster and Johnson on the field in any of the four preseason games?