Jul 26, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel watches during training camp at Houston Methodist Training Center. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
Training camp for the 2014 Houston Texans is continuing over the weekend, and that was no different on Friday.
Here are some quotes from the Texans (provided by the Texans media staff) as they spoke to members of the Houston media following practice:
"• Bill O’Brien on newly signed WR Joe Adams: “We felt like we just wanted to add a receiver at that position based on the camp numbers. He was a guy that was out there that we thought had a shot to come in here and make a contribution.”• Defensive Coordinator Romeo Crennel on the defensive progression: “They’re learning a new system. They’re putting in the time. They’re working hard to try to understand it and grasp it and I think that they’re making progress doing that. They’ve got great attitudes and they’ve been working really hard, so if we can keep that up, I think that we’ll make enough progress to be competitive.”• Joe Adams on first Texans practice: “The first day went great for me; I didn’t put any balls on the ground. I made sure that I knew what I was doing when I was out there. I’m learning on the fly.”• Duane Brown on Jadeveon Clowney: “He’s a special talent man. He is one of those guys that is really hungry and really wants to work hard. We got some good work in today; we are battling and I’m trying to make him as best as I can and he’s making me work too to get me better, so it’s a great competition over there.”"
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
In other Texans news:
• Here is a training camp report from Friday of Texans camp by Tania Ganguli of ESPN.com.
• The official site of the Houston Texans wrote about the progress of Jadeveon Clowney as they spoke with DC Romeo Crennel.
• CSN Houston had 10 observations from the 6th day of training camp.