Jul 26, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans running back Arian Foster (23) warms up during training camp at Houston Methodist Training Center. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
As the Houston Texans have already completed three days of training camp practices, one thought or concern that has me thinking is the health of running back Arian Foster.
Though the Texans are saying the current injury for Foster is “minor,” my thoughts are when it comes to Foster any injury is more than minor. He had a nagging hamstring issue all summer in ’13, plus he did have the offseason back surgery.
When it comes to Foster, I just want the Texans to take their time and make sure he’s healthy when it matters … Week 1 against the Washington Redskins on Sept. 7.
Besides Foster, backup running back Andre Brown has dealt with injuries in his NFL career as well.
In an article by the Ultimate Texans page by the Houston Chronicle, John McClain wrote about Brown:
"“Brown has been hampered by injuries during his career. He suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon as a rookie and spent the season on injured reserve … In 2012, he rushed for eight touchdowns for the Giants but missed five games with a broken leg. Last season, he suffered the exact same injury.”"
I guess it is easy to say the Texans really need to be cautious this camp with their running backs, but they will have to let them get game ready as well. I’m assuming it is a tough situation to handle.
It will be interesting, but a little worrisome, to see the running back situation come together for the rest of camp.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
In other Texans news:
• ESPN.com wrote about two Texas A&M receivers trying to make the Texans roster.
• CSN Houston wrote about the young cornerbacks providing depth for the Texans.