Houston Texans Roundup: NFL Edition
May 8, 2014; New York, NY, USA; A general view of a helmet and NFL shield logo before the start of the 2014 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall. Mandatory Credit: Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports
Since almost every team is quiet this time of year, today is a good day to just talk a look at all of the NFL and see what is going on with teams besides the Houston Texans. Don’t worry we are looking at the Texans as well.
Did you see where Tennessee Titans rookie QB Zach Mettenberger said he is coming for the starting QB job for the Titans? Currently Jake Locker is returning to that spot, though he’s been injured on more than one occasion.
In this NFL.com article it says of Mettenberger:
"“With often-injured Jake Locker entering a pivotal season and Clipboard Jesus as the only veteran option, Mettenberger could get an opportunity to prove he was worth more than a normal sixth-rounder.”"
That QB battle and the one in Jacksonville could be really competitive to see how it turns out, and it is a shame the Texans didn’t make their QBs do the same thing in their training camp.
• Pro Football Talk wrote about Johnny Manziel hanging out with Justin Bieber over the weekend.
• In a bit of Texans news, Kareem Jackson isn’t worried about his contract writes CSN Houston. The article states:
"“Jackson, who said he enjoys living in the city of Houston, is focused on the 2014 season under new defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel, his third coordinator during this short NFL career.”"
• Graham Rogers of the Toro Times wrote a profile on Whitney Mercilus.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
• Here is a Toro Times profile on Texans starting QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.
• FanSided’s With the First Pick wrote about the impact rookie of the Texans.
• FanSided also wrote about how the Texans can make the playoffs if …
• The San Francisco 49ers sold out their new stadium writes ESPN.com.
• ESPN.com also projected the starting lineup for the Indianapolis Colts, the reigning champions of the AFC South.
Tweet of the Day