Jun 17, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans defensive endJ.J. Watt
(99) goes through drills during mini camp at Houston Methodist Training Center. Mandatory Credit:Andrew Richardson
-USA TODAY Sports
The Houston Texans have announced when their training camp will begin, as it hopefully is a new era of winning football for the franchise.
Houston’s training camp will begin on July 21 for the rookies, and July 25 for veterans at the Methodist Training Center in Houston.
This training camp maybe is one of the most important for the Texans, starting with having a new head coach, Bill O’Brien running the show, along with seeing if Jadeveon Clowney will be healthy enough for a full training camp.
There is a backup quarterback competition, and how will Brooks Reed transition over to being an inside linebacker full-time. Plus there is the health of Reed as well, with two leg injuries the past two seasons. Can he avoid a season-ending injury this season?
All of that and I didn’t mention the Andre Johnson situation.
If nothing else, training camp will be a lot more interesting than it was last season, because there are many questions for this team that is trying to reset what all went wrong in their 2-14 season from last year.
What are your feelings as we get closer to training camp?
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
- Houston Texans: Dameon Pierce’s rookie year a bright spot in a season of losses
In other Texans news:
• Here is what NFL Spin Zone wrote about the Texans offense, post-draft.
• Here is a team report on the Texans from USA Today that was posted earlier this month.
• CSN Houston writes about Clowney having a “fresh mind” following surgery for his sports hernia.
• Pro Football writes about how the Jacksonville Jaguars took a jab at the Texans and Dallas Cowboys because of a new video board in their stadium.
Tweet of the Day