This past week, even without no practices or camps, there were still items of interest for the Houston Texans.
There was the fact Case Keenum said he might try and throw with Andre Johnson. Jadeveon Clowney said he played hurt while at South Carolina, and I thought out loud as to why there is no quarterback competition for the starter’s role.
It may have not been the busiest of weeks for this franchise, but the rest is needed, as soon enough, training camp will be here and we will be buried in football news and happenings until the Super Bowl.
One article this week on ESPN.com that caught my attention was how defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel “envisions” the nose tackle position for the Texans.
Tania Ganguli of ESPN.com quoted Crennel saying:
"“Hopefully you can get a guy that commands double teams because if he commands double teams, then someone is going to be free. We tell them that you have to command the double team and then beat the double team at the line of scrimmage …”"
It will be interesting to see how Louis Nix, Jerrell Powe and Ricardo Mathews take to the Crennel vision of being a nose tackle, especially Nix, because being a rookie with good potential, he could end up being a difference maker for the defensive line.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
In other Texans news:
• Here are 5 Rookie of the Year contenders by NFL Mocks.
• ESPN.com breaks down the Texans roster.
• Johnathan Joesph is ready for training camp says CSN Houston.