Jun 12, 2014; Berea, OH, USA; Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel throws a pass during minicamp at Browns training facility. Mandatory Credit: Andrew Weber-USA TODAY Sports
"“We have a vision for our football team and we stuck to that vision. Every decision we made in the draft we felt led to that vision and we’ll see if that vision turns out the way we believe it will in whatever, a year, two years, three years.”"
I think that not drafting Manziel was the smartest move made by the Texans in the draft, but if you read any of the pre-draft coverage here at the Toro Times, I was never in favor of the Texans drafting Manziel. I never said he wasn’t a good QB, I just never felt like he was the right guy for the O’Brien offensive system.
Do I think the Texans should have done a little more at the QB spot this offseason … yes, but this team and this season (or the next couple seasons) is a wait-and-see process.
Now it is time for everyone to focus on the current QBs of the Texans, and not the latest QB of the Cleveland Browns.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
What I do like about the Texans QBs was how QB coach George Godsey says Tom Savage is progressing this offseason. Here is the Toro Times article on Savage’s progression. https://torotimes.com/2014/06/12/tom-savage-progressing-otas/
Here is a Tweet of the Day:
• House of Houston writes about the joint training camps the Texans will have.
• CSN Houston has Day 9 OTA notes.