Houston Texans Roundup: Changes to training camp
Jul 27, 2013; Houston, TX, USA; Members of the Houston Texans practice during training camp at Methodist Training Center. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
With the third and final week of offseason OTAs wrapping up, the Houston Texans also announced they would be having some changes to their training camp in July/August.
The Texans, as reported on ESPN.com said they will practice against the Denver Broncos and the Atlanta Falcons in training camp.
Here is what ESPN wrote:
"“(The Texans will) host Atlanta on Wednesday, Aug. 13 and Thursday, Aug. 14. The following week the Texans will travel to Colorado for three joint practices at the Broncos’ facility.”"
It is good to see the Texans changing things up a bit this season with training camp, because it is the first time they’ve done such a thing since 2010.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
What I like about wan teams branch out and practice against others is the fact the coaches an see where they compare against other competition, plus it has to be more fun for the players to practice against a different opponent instead of their teammates.
Plus facing Peyton Manning can always help a team see where they are at in terms of their offseason preparation.
In other Texans news:
• House of Houston had a roundtable as to which QB the Texans should cut.
• The Ultimate Texans posted a video of Ryan Fitzpatrick and how he brings a “cool vibe” to the team.
• CSN Houston writes about how Jay Prosch is “ready to crush.”
• The official Texans site writes about how Romeo Crenneo will use J.J. Watt in his 3-4 defense.