The Bill O’Brien era begins now for the Houston Texans on the practice field of the Houston Texans as they are about to begin OTA’s.
The Houston Chronicle’s John McClain wrote the following on the new-look and O’Brien led Texans as the first practices begin Tuesday:
"“This is the beginning of an era – the Bill O’Brien era – because veterans and rookies will be on the field together for the first of 10 organized team activities.”"
This means we a just a tab bit closer to the NFL season returning to our lives, and even better, it means the 2013 season can be put on the back burner for good, and we can take in what is sure to be a better (how much better I’m not sure yet) 2014 season.
Nothing can be as horrid as what we watched last season, right?
I’m just really curious on how O’Brien and his coaching staff run their OTA’s in the sense of who will be the “leader” at QB these next 10 days. It will be interesting to really see if there is any improvement from young QBs Case Keenum and rookie Tom Savage.
I see Ryan Fitzpatrick as the short-term option at QB for this franchise, a veteran safety net of sorts, but the QB battle I’m interested in this offseason is Keenum vs. Savage. It probably won’t be for the starters role, but who becomes the No. 2 QB on this roster (Keenum might be the No. 1 before the offseason is over though) will be very important as the offseason and the regular season moves along in future months.
What are your thoughts on the OTA’s this week, O’Brien or the situation at the QB position?
In other Texans news:
• Over at the Ultimate Texans site, John McClain regraded the 2011 draft.
• Here is what CSN Houston wrote about the start of OTA’s.
• Here are the projected starters for the 2014 Texas as predicted by NFL.com’s Chris Wesseling.
In other NFL news:
• Fansided’s NFL Spin Zone posted a podcast on their Top 200 fantasy football players.
• The Florida Times-Union wrote about how Jacksonville Jaguars rookie Telvin Smith is “standing out.”
• Here is an Indianapolis Star article on previewing the OTA’s of the Colts.
• The Tennessean wrote about “Five Titans on the spot.”
Subscribe to the FanSided Toro Times Daily Newsletter for free by clicking here.