The news for the Houston Texans has been a little light this week, and maybe that is a good thing because it means all the Andre Johnson trade talk is under the rug for right now so to speak.
As for some current Texans news, CSN Houston caught my attention in an article about how the returner job could impact the Texans roster.
In their article it says about the position:
"“Bill O’Brien wants competition at every position on the field, and the return jobs could be heated races that could take until Week 1 to be decided.”"
The Texans really need some improvement on the special teams this upcoming season, because it is no secret the unit was off a lot last season.
As for last season’s special teams unit, they had zero kick returns for a touchdown, with the longest return being 50 yards from Martin. Martin had 36 returns in ’13 for 947 yards. Johnson had six return attempts, with his longest return being 32 yards.
My prediction is keep an eye on Hal, it would be nice to see some new blood on this return team.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
In other Texans news:
• In another CSN Houston article, they wrote about how “rookies tested constantly by (Bill) O’Brien.
• Here is a defensive rookie review by the official Texans web site.
• Former players have filed another lawsuit against the NFL, with this article by Pro Football Talk.
• NFL.com writes there could be playoff expansion in 2015.
Subscribe to the FanSided Toro Times Daily Newsletter for free by clicking here.