Houston Texans Roundup (5/10): Still no QB drafted
The second day of the 2014 NFL Draft didn’t go as I would have guessed for the Houston Texans. They ended the day with a new offensive guard, tight end and defensive tackle.
Houston selected UCLA offensive guard Xavier Su’a-Filo in the second round (No. 33), Iowa tight end C.J. Fiedorwicz in the third round (No. 65) and traded back up in to round three for Notre Dame defensive tackle Louis Nix III (No. 83).
The Texans gave up the first pick of the fourth round (No. 101) and a pick in Round 5 (No. 141) for Nix.
The pick of Nix in the late third round was a steal in my opinion, and well worth it for the Texans to trade the fourth and fifth round selections. Now the defense will have J.J. Watt, Brian Cushing and we all know who the Texans drafted No. 1 overall on Thursday … Jadeveon Clowney.
That defense is going to be tough to say the least.
They still don’t have a quarterback drafted yet, but you never know … they could be working of a top-secret deal for Ryan Mallett of the New England Patriots, or maybe they will trade up in the fourth round to select a QB.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Maybe they will stick with Case Keenum, T.J. Yates and Ryan Fitzpatrick for this season, then try to get a QB in the 2015 NFL Draft. JUst a thought.
With the Texans we NEVER know what they are thinking, and I think it is a little more fun that way, don’t you?
Remember Day 3 of the NFL Draft begins at 12 p.m. ET (11 a.m. CT) on ESPN and the NFL Network.
In other Texans news:
• Here is a second day draft recap from ESPN.com.
• House of Houston wrote about the selection of Xavier Su’a-Filo.
• Here is an official Texans video of GM Rick Smith talking about Day 2 of the draft.
• CSN Houston writes about Jadeveon Clowney.
Follow the Toro Times on Twitter at @Texans_TT and like us on Facebook by clicking here.
Subscribe to the FanSided Toro Times Daily Newsletter for free by clicking here.
• The Houston Chronicle writes about how the Texans will aim for a QB on Saturday, Day 3 of the draft. http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/05/texans-aim-to-add-qb-on-drafts-final-day/#23243101=0