Houston Texans Roundup (5/6): Two days until the 2014 NFL Draft
Apr 27, 2012; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans helmet on a table during a press conference to introduce first round draft pick defensive end Whitney Mercilus of Illinois at Reliant Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports
If you ever want to tell a secret to anyone person in this world and feel certain they won’t repeat to a single sole what you told them, my first choice would be to tell the Houston Texans front office.
We are just two days away from the 2014 NFL Draft, and my question is: Can you tell me with 100 percent certainly who the Texans are selecting or what the Texans are going to do with the No. 1 overall selection of the NFL Draft?
Heck, maybe they can’t tell you what they want to do, either.
The Texans said they know their plan, but in this day of age to not let the cat out of the bag so to speak, is absolutely amazing, and I credit them on that.
What are the Texans going to do with the No. 1 selection?
We kind of have an idea who it will be that will walk across the stage first on Thursday night at 8 p.m. ET on the NFL Network and ESPN. It seems to be the two favorites are Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel and South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney.
We also can’t rule out Central Florida quarterback Blake Bortles or Buffalo linebacker Khalil Mack, because they could end up being the next Texans player as well.
Or the team could make a last minute trade of the selection.
It really is a bit of a mystery. Where is Scooby Doo and the gang when you really need them?
The Houston Chronicle even wrote there is a lot of unknown not with just the Texans at No. 1 overall, but in the entire Top 10 of this draft.
Brian T. Smith wrote for their Ultimate Texans blog:
"“The fluidity in the first round was seen again Monday, when former Texans GM Charley Casserly’s mock draft didn’t include Manziel in any of the first round’s 32 picks. On the same day, national reports linked Manziel to the Rams at No. 2 and the Browns at No. 4.”"
See, nobody knows what the heck is going to happen, which makes this even more fun than usual!
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
Luckily in two days the first round will take place and the mystery will be solved.
In other Texans news:
• The Ultimate Texans blog also ranked the best and worst of every draft pick in franchise history.
• Brian Cushing says he’s on his way to being 100-percent as written in this CSN Houston article.
• Here are the preseason dates and times for the Texans that were announced, Monday, posted by CSN Houston.
• The official Texans site posted results of a poll as to what the local media in Houston thought would happen with the Texans No. 1 pick.
• ESPN.com wrote about Bill O’Brien‘s power over the 53-man roster.
Follow the Toro Times on Twitter at @Texans_TT and like us on Facebook by clicking here.
Subscribe to the FanSided Toro Times Daily Newsletter for free by clicking here