Dec 1, 2013; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans defensive endJ.J. Watt
(99) attempts to block a field goal against the New England Patriots during the first half at Reliant Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Thomas Campbell-USA TODAY Sports
We are ever so close to the 2014 NFL Draft, and the Houston Texans are still keeping their No. 1 overall pick one of the biggest secrets in the NFL.
Nobody can say with 100-percent certainly who the Texans are going to draft, though it seems to be one of two players.
The readers of this site let it be known in the vote we had this week that they want Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel as the next Texans QB, while the analysts all seem to agree the Texans will select Jadeveon Clowney at No. 1 overall.
I can’t wait for this to be done, as I just want to know who the Texans are going to select on Thursday, May 8.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
In other Texans news:
• J.J. Watt did two-a-day workouts on his own this offseason as reported in this ESPN.com article.
• The Houston Chronicle wrote about selecting a QB No.1 isn’t easy.
• J.J. Watt’s softball game raised a lot of money for charity as written in this CSN Houston article.
Subscribe to the FanSided Toro Times Daily Newsletter for free by clicking here