Houston Texans Roundup (4/26)
Sep 29, 2013; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans receiverDeAndre Hopkins
(10) raises his hands as he is introduced prior to the game against the Seattle Seahawks at Reliant Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports
We are just 12 days from the 2014 NFL Draft, and I for one can’t wait for it to arrive.
There is only so much speculation I can write about, or think of, before I’m even ready for the draft to take place and be done.
The NFL Draft belongs in April, not May, and I really hope the NFL changes it back for next year, because it was a very bad move on their part. It is time to quit dragging this process out, draft some players and move onto the next step of the offseason.
This should actually be the third day of the draft, not 12 days away. Also, the idea of making the draft four days long, and keeping it at seven rounds … not a fan of that either. I’m for some change in the NFL, but the draft was fine the way it is (or should be) three days in April. The only way i see making it four days long is adding another round to the draft.
Ok, I feel a little better now with my venting process there. Now for some actual news on the Texans and the draft.
• Former talk show host John Harris has joined the Texans media properties as reported by the Ultimate Texans blog of the Houston Chronicle.
• ESPN.com wrote an article counting down to the NFL draft.
• Here are some more NFL Draft rumors, this article from SB Nation.
• House of Houston released the first part of their articles on “The Case for Drafting Jadeveon Clowney.”
• Here is an article on NFL.com about how the Atlanta Falcons could have competition if the Texans are really wanting to trade the No. 1 overall pick.
• The Houston Texans released a video of their cheerleader photo shoot. Have a great weekend.
Follow the Toro Times on Twitter at @Texans_TT and like us on Facebook by clicking here.
Subscribe to the FanSided Toro Times Daily Newsletter for free by clicking here