Feb 2, 2014; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea Red Hot Chili Peppers vocalist Anthony Kiedis and Recording artist Bruno Mars perform during the Super Bowl XLVIII half time show at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports
Other Super Bowl Grades:
• FOX Pregame Show: A: I really enjoyed the pregame show. There was a lot of variety, and I actually paid attention to it. They did great on the Pat Summerall tribute, and it was a classy move with their reading of the Declaration of Independence.
• Commercials: C: They weren’t great, bit not overall awful. My favorite one was the Radio Shack ’80s one, being a kid of the late ’80s and early ’90s. My least favorite one … well, if I can’t remember most of them, they did a bad job.
• Halftime Show: B+: As far as halftime game shows go it was better than usual, but I try not to get too excited about them. Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers actually went well together, or at least better than I thought they were going to be.
• The safety as first score prop bet: A: Whomever was genus enough to have that one is a very lucky person.
• The coin flip: A … Whenever I can see Joe Namath in a fur coat on a football field … that’s a plus. The official intercepting him on his first coin flip attempt made the event that much better. Every coin flip should have Joe Willie Namath in a fur coat.
• My Super Bowl Prediction: F … I was wrong … really wrong. I had it 28-24, Broncos. Thanks, Denver, for making me look the fool. Glad I believed in ya!