Fantasy Football: Week 1 Studs and Duds
By Bruce Matson
Aug 29, 2013; Tampa, FL, USA; Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Darrelle Revis (24) after the game against the Washington Redskins at Raymond James Stadium. The Redskins won 30-12. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports
– Patriots: They are going up against a rookie QB in EJ Manuel. Rookie QBs tend to turn the ball over. Also, the Patriots play the Jets next week. If they are on the waiver wire, pick them up.
– Colts: Terrelle Pryor is a turnover machine. He was in college for Ohio State, and he’s going to be in the NFL. As long as Pryor is QB, always start the defense that he’s playing against.
– Buccaneers: Like the Pats and Colts, the Bucs are playing a rookie QB, Geno Smith, and we all know rookie QBs are likely to turn the ball over.
– Buffalo: They are not going to be able to keep up with the New England offense
– Eagles: They looked bad during the preseason and expect it to continue against the Redskins.
– Saints: The Saints were one of the worst defenses last year, and they have not done anything to improve upon that. They are facing a high-octane offense, and they should give up a lot of points and yards.
And that’s my Week 1 studs and duds. Can’t wait to start another season of NFL football! If you need any start-sit advice this weekend, hit me up on Twitter @bmatz08.