Jan 5, 2013; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans cornerbacks Johnathan Joseph (24) and Kareem Johnson (25) celebrate after an incomplete pass against the Cincinnati Bengals in an AFC wild card playoff game at Reliant Stadium. The Texans defeated the Bengals 19-13. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee/Image of Sport-USA TODAY Sports
Here’s a few links from around the Texans blogosphere this weekend:
- Pro Football Talk ranked the Texans at number 10 in their 2013 preseason power rankings. Personally I think it’s spot on, and judging by the poll, most people agree.
- State of the Texans has been previewing all the key areas of the Texans ahead of Week 1. During the week they took at look at the offensive line, but on Saturday Patrick D Starr examined the special teams.
- There’s only six days until the Texans’ training camp opens, so expect to see a lot of preview pieces in the lead up. John McClain of the Houston Chronicle spotlights every position, and once again emphasises the importance of Brian Cushing to the defense.
- Staying with The Chronicle, both Dion Jordan and Lane Johnson were signed to their respective teams on Saturday after a long couple of months of waiting. And in case you forgot, the Texans still haven’t signed their top three draft picks yet.
- Matt Williamson over at ESPN’s AFC South blog examines all four teams’ biggest issues heading into training camp.
- There never seems to be enough published about Earl Mitchell, the Texans new starting nose tackle. Luckily Battle Red Blog has you covered.