Greetings Texans Fans! This Saturday night your Houston Texans take on the Denver Broncos at Mile High Stadium. This is is the last look at most of the starters prior to the preseason ending in a critical game three match up. Critical due to the new system going in and the Texans needing to get on track and ready to go come September 7th when they host the Washington Redskins to officially kick off the 2014 season. Let’s get on to those five bold predictions shall we?
1. Week one the Texans looked, well terrible. Week two we were treated to Fitzmagic. This week Ryan Fitzpatrick will play true to his career level and tease us with greatness, and like the fans in Buffalo and Tennessee are all too familiar with, Fitztragic will strike.
2. Peyton Manning will get to meet Jadeveon Clowney up close and personal on the field. Sure the teams have been practicing together but consider this meeting to have a little more impact. JJ Watt, should he play, which signs point to no, but should he also suit up well it’ll be a race to see who greets Manning first.
3. The secondary, which had been so successful against Atlanta will fail to deliver against Manning. This isn’t meant as insulting as it sounds, the secondary will try to confuse Manning, but the grease on the wheels is still fresh and mistakes will be made. Manning tends to make you pay dearly when that occurs.
4. DJ Swearinger will be penalized for excessive celebration. Last week he took a flag for what appeared to be showing pleasure at a good defense play. This week he’ll get flagged for smiling after play. No smiling DJ, somber, grateful nod of the head and a hand out in a show of good sportsmanship. What, do you think this is a hard hitting contact sport with adrenalin pumping through your veins?
5. Shane Lecher will kick a punt through the uprights from 60 yards out. Thin air, wind at his back, you know he wants too, you he can.
Remember folks kick off is at 8PM CDT, have the coals hot, the meat sizzling and the drinks cold. We’re one step closer to the start of meaningful football games!
Keep your browsers here to the Torotimes for all your Texans news and insight!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook or Twitter!