Greetings Texans Fans! It’s time to bust out the Torotimes 5 Bold Predictions. This article will cover the defense, and what I believe we should see in Arizona as the Texans visit the Cardinals for the night cap of the days actions. So let’s jump on in shall we?
1. Jadeveon Clowney will, I say will play. It might not be for long, but he’ll get out there if only to see how he reacts in a game situation. Give the coaches things to focus on technique wise. I know the fans have been waiting to see Watt and Clowney on the field at the same time, this is our first opportunity to get a taste of what’s to come.
2. Kareem Jackson will disrupt a pass, possibly even snag one down. He’s been talking in practice about how the new scheme will lend itself to a more productive backfield able to make plays. Tonight we’ll get to see that in action. In fact if he does snag a pass down he’s taking it to the house.
3. Clowney and Watt will meet over the quarterback to discuss their Sunday plans after getting back to Houston. Carson Palmer made a comment about wanting to get hit, they shall oblige him of this request.
4. DJ Swearinger is going to lay someone out. Legally, of course. He’s learned a lot since last year. He’s smarter, stronger, more confident. He’s also kinda crazy when he’s out there. Watch for him to actually hit and wrap up rather then that college “should blast” he was guilty of last season.
5. Brooks Reed will get some time playing inside linebacker, and look good doing so. The Texans have a tough decision here, with Clowney and Mercilus as the current best two OLB in terms of pass rushing. Reed knows he needs to step up and prove he can make things happen on the inside of the formation.
Keep your browsers popping on the Torotimes tomorrow night as we’ll be bringing you updated posts as events unfold. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook or Twitter!