This is a bit of slow time for the Houston Texans and all other 31 NFL teams as we sit and wait for training camp. A lot goes through a person’s mind as they wait for the start of NFL training camp for the fact once it starts, we have to be prepared for non-stop football until February.
One of the biggest questions during this time will be what will the Texans and Andre Johnson do this summer? Will they hug and make up, or will they part ways?
I believe it is the latter, but we’ll have to wait and see.
Speaking of Johnson, James Palmer of CSN Houston wrote about how Donald Driver understands what Johnson is going though, as he felt the same way once with the Green Bay Packers. The article quoted Driver as saying:
“You feel like you want more. Normally, the organization knows what they want, and the player knows what they want. Sometimes you have to meet in the middle.”
Driver also said he believes Johnson will be back with the Texans during camp.
If Johnson feels his career is winding down and wants to win a title this season, he might be looking to play elsewhere this upcoming season, and I can’t say that I blame him. I just wish this all was handled a little differently, with Johnson still at minicamp to give Bill O’Brien a chance, but that didn’t happen.
In other Texans news:
• On the Ultimate Texans blog, Brian T. Smith asked if Ryan Fitzpatrick “is disciplined enough” to be the starting QB.
• Here are “10 observations” following Texans camps by CSN Houston.
• ICYMI: We wrote about the upcoming kicker battle in training camp.
• We also gave our early regular-season predictions.
• NFL SpinZone wrote about five rookie running backs to watch for in fantasy football, including Texans rookie Alfred Blue.
Tweet of the Day
— Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) June 24, 2014