The Houston Texans did sign some of their rookies on Thursday, as Tom Savage, along with Andre Hal and Jay Prosch signed their contracts.
On the signing, Savage was reported to have signed the following deal by the Houston Chronicle:
“Savage, a fourth-round pick from Pitt, is getting $2.52 million, including a $300,584 signing bonus.”
You never know, maybe the Texans have signed their next franchise quarterback, or just another QB on the roster. It will be interesting and fun to watch the progression of Savage the next couple seasons and see what type of QB he becomes.
In other Texans news:
• CSN Houston wrote about expectations for rookies.
• Les Miles says the Texans drafting Alfred Blue was a “steal.”
• Duane Brown was ranked as the 86th best player in the NFL on the Top 100 players list by the NFL Network.
• House of Houston writes about how the Bills tried to trade the Texans for the No. 1 pick.
• On the Toro Times read an overview of the Texans’ undrafted free agents, written by Joel Childers.
• Here is an open letter to Andre Johnson, also on the Toro Times, by Mike Taylor.
Subscribe to the FanSided Toro Times Daily Newsletter for free by clicking here.