The Houston Texans trail the Denver Broncos, 16-6 after two quarters of football at Reliant Stadium.
Here are my first half thoughts.
• The Texans are a lot closer in this game than they should be … the Broncos are keeping the game close with their own penalties.
• Matt Schaub is 7-of-15 for 66 yards in two quarters The problem is he has zero touchdowns and under a 100 yards.
• At least Schaub has no interceptions in the first half. That’s a plus.
• Houston has too many three-and-outs
• The Texans showed their season perfectly with one play in the second quarter. Third down … need 18 yards … pass for 5 yards. Yup.
• Texans’ defense has no pass rush. NONE!
• Peyton Manning is having his way with the Texans with a stat line of 23-of-32 for 296 yards and one touchdown.
• The Texans look like they are incapable of scoring a touchdown anytime soon.
• Maybe they believe the end zone is made of hot lava?
• At least Randy Bullock is making field goals now. That’s a plus.
• The Texans need to triple team Demaryius Thomas because he’s not going to be stopped with the way they are playing him now.
• Thomas has seven receptions for 112 yards and a TD in two quarters.
• When J.J. Watt has one tackle in the first half … you know it is going to be a bad day.
• Have I mentioned the Texans are lucky to be this close on the scoreboard?
• At least Houston is playing like they are deserving of the No. 1 overall draft choice.
• Just realized it has been at least six quarters since the Texans have scored a TD.
• The Texans aren’t much of a second half team this season … I don’t think they will get any closer.
• Follow the Toro Times on Twitter @Texans_TT.