1) Since the Indianapolis Colts have locked up the 5th seed in the playoffs, do you think the Colts should rest their starters against the Texans in week 17?
I don’t believe in it, but then again i’m not a head coach. You have to ask yourself is there anything to play for? The Colt locked up the wildcard and thats the best they can get. They shouldn’t dwell on being either the 5/6 seed because every playoff team is a good one. Then again Coach Pagano is back and its the last home game as they know it, so who knows lol. Either way, the Texans want home field advantage, so there starters will be out there.
2) Do you think J.J. Watt is the NFL Defensive Player of the Year?I think Watt has made a strong case for Defensive Player of the year. The swats, the sacks, the tackles for losses, he’s been an instrumental part of his team. There are a lot of players like that though. If Watt can break the sack record however, he should undoubtedly get it.
3) Why do you think the Texans don’t get more respect from the media, even though they have one of the best teams and records in the NFL?
The Texans have clinched a first round bye, their a newer franchise, but above all they don’t talk. The media loves New York for how much trash players talk, especially the Jets; yet the Texans are more of a quiet team. They perform week in and week out and then they go home. As my friend Tim likes to say, you don’t see a bunch of baboons bellowing about how good their team is. The Texans are good right now, they’ve shown that, they don’t need to go on camera to say it.
4) What were your feelings about Houston’s surprising loss to the Minnesota Vikings in week 16?
I was very surprised the Texans allowed so much through the air at first, but then I realized how much energy they put fourth to stop Adrian Peterson. In hind sight, they would probably do the same thing again, he’s too big a threat. With one week left however, we’ll see how much the Texans want home field advantage. I don’t believe T.J. Yates will see the field this week unless he has to.
5) Are you concerned about the health of Arian Foster, after he left the Vikings game with an irregular heartbeat?
Foster is an injury prone back, but this was different. He has been cleared, but it’s still worth keeping an eye on. Until then, the Texans need to rely on Foster to open up the passing game. Without him, Schaub looks lost from time to time. If Ben Tate starts to see a bigger load, you will know if the Texans are worried about Foster.
- Antonio Furgiuele
Topics:AFC South, Texans
About the Author
My name Antonio Furgiuele and I was born and lived in Calabria, Italy until I was 5. I am a recent graduate of Farmingdale State University with a Degree in Business Management. I am the current the Editor of the Toro Times and can't wait to share my thought and opinions. Follow me on Twitter!