Oh no, I did not just do this. I have reopened the heated discussion for the NFL’s top wide receivers. I know that many of you will hate me for this, but honestly I believe that many cases could be made for each WR to be better than another. As we are all aware, lists of these kinds change drastically each offseason. But for now, in the 2010 NFL offseason, this is how I rank them.
Here’s my list of the top 10 WRs in the NFL…
1. Andre Johnson (Texans) – Easily the best all around WR in the NFL. Larry Fitzgerald might be just a little more consistent.
2. Larry Fitzgerald (Cardinals) – Ranked just a tad under Andre Johnson. He can make some really good catches.
3. Brandon Marshall (Dolphins) – Did you see how good he was when paired with Schaub in the Pro Bowl? I believe that he made Cutler look a lot better than he really was when they were together.
4. Wes Welker (Patriots) – You saw how much the Patriots offense fell apart when playing against the Texans in week 17 and in a first round playoff collapse to the Ravens after he went down last season.
5. Calvin Johnson (Lions) – He’s a good receiver, and has a lot of big play ability using either his speed or power. I wonder if he and QB Matt Stafford can create a good duo together.
6. Reggie Wayne (Colts) – He’s not as high on my list after giving up in last year’s Superbowl. I wasn’t impressed with that at all.
7. Randy Moss (Patriots) – This guy can still be a very good WR. He’s still pretty athletic, but what he really benefits from now is his experience.
8. Steve Smith (Giants) – Smith was a very quiet performer for the Giants last season. He was one of the few bright spots from last year’s team.
9. Roddy White (Falcons) – Both he and Matt Ryan have continued their big play duo in 2009. If they can both stay healthy, you should expect the Falcons to make the playoffs.
10. Anquan Boldin (Ravens) – As a very close 10th with a few WRs lined up right behind him. He should continue to produce good numbers with Joe Flacco as his QB this season.
Those who barely missed the list are Hines Ward, Sidney Rice, Santonio Holmes, DeSean Jackson, and the Panthers Steve Smith. Is there anyone that has a different list in mind?
Topics: Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson, Cardinals, Colts, Dolphins, Falcons, Giants, Hines Ward, Larry Fitzgerald, Lions, Panthers, Patriots, Randy Moss, Ravens, Reggie Wayne, Roddy White, Santonio Holmes, Sidney Rice, Steve Smith, Texans, Top 10, Wes Welker, Wide Receivers